Volunteering in Providence Village
Volunteers are a key ingredient to the success of Providence Village, sharing their time and talents to enhance the lives of members. Volunteers demonstrate TVC’s mission and core values through the services they provide and their interactions with members.
Many Providence Village members volunteer in some way, although members need not be volunteers and volunteers need not be members. Members and nonmembers alike find volunteering to be a rewarding experience.
Many volunteers work directly with members to provide services whereas others work behind the scenes. You can choose what suits your interests, time, and talents. Volunteers are expected to attend orientation and training sessions along with occasional refreshers/updates. Volunteers are vetted through a secure, national online service, and those volunteers who will be transporting members have their driving records reviewed and their auto insurance verified.
Examples of volunteer opportunities available in Providence Village:
- Driving members to and from appointments or shopping
- Running errands for members – pick up/delivery of such items as groceries or prescriptions
- Home help – assisting a member with a task around the member’s home, in line with the volunteer’s skills and abilities
- Tech help with devices such as a cell phone, tablet, computer, or printer
- Friendly calls or visits – being a “Village Friend” to provide companionship for a member
- Leadership roles – for example, serving on the Providence Village Steering Committee or serving as the village’s Volunteer Coordinator
- Organizing social activities and events for Providence Village members and volunteers, based on the volunteer’s interests
Providence Village always welcomes new volunteers. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at email@example.com