What We Do
Through our communities of mutual support we do many things! While there are differences in the support each village offers, here are some typical member benefits:
We provide practical volunteer support:
- Rides from volunteers who have been vetted and trained.
- Errands (grocery pick-ups, prescriptions, and the like)
- Help with electronic devices - VCRs, TVs, phones, computers, etc.
- Household chores, such as changing light-bulbs, helping with a fall clean-up, or getting winter clothes out of storage.
- In-person consultation to make your home safer.
- Healthcare counseling, education, and referrals to other organizations and services.
We create opportunities to get together, make friends, and enjoy activities such as these:
- Outings to museums, movies, concerts, and lectures.
- Gatherings for picnics, walks, and potlucks.
- Calls and visits from village members (at a member's request).
- Interest groups around whatever members love: books, gardening, crafts, theatre, movies, and more.
- Neighborhood Circles that connect members who live near one another.
- Calendar of local educational, cultural and entertainment activities.
We volunteer to make a real difference in each other's lives. You may want to:
- Volunteer to provide any of our practical support services.
- Work with other volunteers to organize social activities, publish the newsletter, or help in the office.
- Work with others to recruit new members and volunteers.